Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Necessary Roughness S01 Episode 2 'Anger Management' Review

I’m not a cynic in any sense of the word, but after the above average pilot episode, I was wondering whether they could build the characters any more since the premise wasn’t original and I didn’t think they would be able to give the peripheral characters enough depth to make them interesting. Thankfully, the second episode – “Anchor Management” is even more entertaining than the 90 minute pilot itself.

Dr. Dani was likable and the characters around her also stepped up their game. Matthew and Dani were actually very hot in the dream sequence. Dani is getting really horny for him and did you know 47% of divorced women are much more horny than married women! That made me laugh so much! Callie and Marc have some major chemistry going on. T.K is still in the picture and so Matthew has something to work with. Dani’s best friend Janet actually provided insight to the psychiatrist into the mind of a teen! She made her realize what it was to be a teenager, since Dani’s daughter was lashing out. And Dani’s mother was nowhere to be found. I’m happy about that. I didn’t like her. Castle’s mother is the best one on TV.

Janet: Do you remember what happened when your Mom said you couldn’t go out with Ray? Dani: I got married and pregnant. Oh.

This episode concentrated on treating a hotshot anchor, Griffin who was given a prime time war news show. He was a war journalist for over a decade, touring around countries who were in war and for that the network had given him his own show. Griffin couldn’t stop the urge to laugh out during a live war interview and this made the network to rest him for a couple of weeks and he comes to Dr. Dani for help. It was very heartbreaking to watch the real reason for Griffin’s demeanour and all that angst. I hope I won’t be like him when the time comes to have my own child. All in all, a very good episode which makes me want to watch it next week. I enjoyed it more than the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment